Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anime
04-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Video Anime
We can use this thread to talk about anime, suggestions and releases. I watch a lot of it and can give you guys suggestions and we can all help each other out! :D Feel free to post anything you've watched! I'm terrible at making summaries, but I'd like to think everything on here is great and a good suggestion, so if you're intrested you can look it up at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com

Here is a quick list of anime I've watched. I'll be adding on summaries and more shows as I watch them!
Accel World - Didn't like it to much, not sure why. Kinda a virtual reality, fighter, romance
Angel Beats - Made by Key. Very good, feels unfinished though. It's almost about this 'limbo' kind of place. Hard to explain, but its good.
Attack on Titan - Amazing action and concept. About humanity faced with a greater threat, and fighting back.
Ao No Exorcist [Blue Exorist] - Really awesome! Great story and action.
Baka To Test [I think] - Very funny comedy, I guess theres some romance/action. Everythings a joke pretty much.
Bakuman - This is prob my favorite, I love it. It's about two manga artists fighting for their dreams!
Black Cat - Can be confusing at times but really good. Great world and themes.
Chrono Crusade - Don't remember it to much, but I remember it being intresting and having nice action.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - Amazing! Such a good story and romance.
Clannad - Good romance and does a good job of the school setting
Clannad Afterstory - Continues onto Clannad, I liked it better than Clannad. Sad..
Code Geass R2 - Great mecha, my first one. Nice action and funny scenes
Cowboy Bebop - Amazing, definitely one of the classics
Darker Than Black - Amazing action and story, although can be confusing at times.
Death Note - Very good, has action in a sort of strategy sense.
D.Gray-Man - Good, long anime. Anime is cut short though. More a mainstream fighter
Dragon Ball [All] - A classic, very good of course.
Fairy Tale - Very repetitive and I do regret watching as much as I did. If you like mainstream anime with friendship and magic this ones for you!
Full Metal Alchemist - I heard Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood was better. But this one had nice action and story. Can be very dark at times.
Hyouka - Amazing mystery anime, love it. "I'm curious!"
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Very good, the characters have good development and the theme song is very catchy. Must watch!
The World God Only Knows - Such a good anime, recommended. Romance/Comedy
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - Good romantic/comedy kinda chaotic
Kaze no Stigma - One of my first ones, a good romance and magic anime
Kokoro Connect - A good anime, makes you think, explores the different characters lifes and feelings well.
Last Exile - One of the only steampunk animes! Very cool. Has a continuation I need to watch.
Little Busters! - A very good school setting/friendship anime. You'll love it
Lucky Star - A funny gag anime
Oregairu - Great romantic comedy. I really enjoy this one. I hope it gets finished
Oreimo - About a brother and his otaku sister. Quite good.
Persona 4 The Animation - Goes with the game, very good and great comedy scenes.
Robotics;Notes - A sorta of spirtual sequel to Steins;Gate, in the 'science' series. Just like Chaos;Head is 'before' Steins;Gate. This is a really great one, entertaining. Feels like Steins;Gate but is completely different. Great story, and it has a little bit of everything.
Rurouni Kenshin - Haven't finished yet, but amazing so far.
Shakugan no Shana - Interesting and infuriating love triangle, good action and magic.
Soul Eater - I love this one, great action and everything really. Ending was disapointting.
Steins;Gate - Amazing! Time-travel anime that really makes you think. Amazing romance also.
Sword Art Online - A well done fantasy romance anime. I enjoyed this one! It takes place inside a game, where everyone is trapped.
Tsubasa Chronicle - One of my first ones, don't remember to much. But I remember it to be a fantasy, romance anime.
Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - Very good magic fantasy anime. Season two fall 2013!

Passionate gamer actively seeking new and lucrative ways to acquire street cred.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: Anime
I've watched quite a few of those. Though my favorites are still some of the old school ones:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Trigun
- Outlaw Star

Monster was a somewhat recent fave of mine and I've been enjoying Space Brothers even more recently Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Nope, don't watch Anime, unless like pokémon and yu-gi-oh is counted. Then thats basicly it xD

I'm Pro, or am I?
04-20-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 10:30 AM by lunaleaf_.)
(04-20-2013 10:23 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I've watched quite a few of those. Though my favorites are still some of the old school ones:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Trigun
- Outlaw Star

Monster was a somewhat recent fave of mine and I've been enjoying Space Brothers even more recently Smile

I've been meaning to watch Cowboy Bebop.
Yaysper suggested to me D.Gray-Man and thats what I've been watching lately.

Passionate gamer actively seeking new and lucrative ways to acquire street cred.
04-20-2013, 10:33 AM
I've been unable to find time for anime recently, I should fix that soon, but I do enjoy a good series Big Grin
I would add to that list from the top of my head (in no particular order):
Kore wa no Zombie desuka - Often hilarious, lovable characters.
Bakamonogatari - Often confusing, but a must watch series on my books.
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Another comedy series, I think I watch too much comedy
Asobi Ni Iko Yo - Another anime I am partial to, also comedy
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Haha nice Lolg Big Grin

04-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:Fairy Tale - Very repeative and I do regreat watching as much as I did. If you like mainstream anime with friendship and magic this ones for you!

That description reminded me so much of Yugioh. xD

Some of my faves are:
-Soul Eater
-Ao no Exorcist
-SAO
-Pandora Hearts
-Mirai Nikki
-Baccano
-Durarara

I'm a sucker for good characters, romance, and awesome plot. Big Grin
04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
(04-20-2013 10:45 AM)Taytinabelle Wrote:  Some of my faves are:
-Soul Eater
-Ao no Exorcist
-SAO
-Pandora Hearts
-Mirai Nikki
-Baccano
-Durarara

Whats Pandora Hearts like? I've heard of it before and it look interesting.

04-20-2013, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 10:57 AM by Taytinabelle.)
(04-20-2013 10:48 AM)lunaleaf_ Wrote:  
-Soul Eater
-Ao no Exorcist
-SAO
-Pandora Hearts
-Mirai Nikki
-Baccano
-Durarara

Fantasy, action and very Alice in Wonderland inspired. Watching the anime will leave you feeling incomplete at the end, so reading the manga is advised. I'm hoping they continue it soon :c

04-20-2013, 10:58 AM
(04-20-2013 10:56 AM)Taytinabelle Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 10:48 AM)lunaleaf_ Wrote:  
-Soul Eater
-Ao no Exorcist
-SAO
-Pandora Hearts
-Mirai Nikki
-Baccano
-Durarara

Fantasy, action and very Alice in Wonderland inspired. Watching the anime will leave you feeling incomplete at the end, so reading the manga is advised. I'm hoping they continue it soon :c

Ah alright hopefully I can find the manga Big Grin