Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Username/Nickname Origin
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Star Username/Nickname Origin
Hey everyone here is a story on how I got my username! Also put you story on how you got yours Big Grin

I first got the name Midokite from World of Warcraft back in May 2008. I put two random names from their generator and mixed them till I found a a name I enjoyed. I pronounce my name as "my dough kite." Honestly I don't care how you pronounce it just that you know who I am. I have used this username for almost 5 years now at can't wait to use it for another 5 years. I hope everyone enjoyed this little info on how I got my username. Please reply below with your own username origin Big Grin

Thanks
- Midokite

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Username/Nickname Origin
'Mid-oh-keh'*

I'm Pro, or am I?
04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
My gaming name: Liljendal20 Well.. Basically my parents gave me the name Karl Liljendal Hólmgeirsson (I'm Icelandic) And yea I have always liked my middle name so I chose to use it as my gaming name.. I kind of use it... Everywhere! on steam.. Origin.. All that kind of things even my MC account is liljendal20 Why the number 20? Well few years ago I played Football (soccer you 'murican's..) and at my first game. I had to pick a shirt. there was 1 left with the number 20 on its back. Since then I always had the number 20 in football and nicknamed my middle name Liljendal20 because on the shirt, it said on the top: Liljendal and then 20 in big numbers. Thats the story behind my nickname liljendal20 =)
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Ah my user name lol.. I use KingFish now as I was looking for something a bit more "formal" with fish and I just threw king in the front of it. As for what most know me as, Nemo, I had created it many years back, I think 7 or 6, because I loved the movie Finding Nemo. It has stuck since along with the number 307. I even named my cat Nemo!
Thats my story, who is next?

[Image: kingfishsig.jpg]
04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
My username.

One day in Elementary School while I was drawing/thinking to myself I thought of "lunaleaf" and sorta drew moon in the shape of the leaf sorta like my profile picture now. I loved the word and kept with it, and now it's my everything and my guise on the internet Big Grin

People often mistake me as a girl which is why I've considered changing it but I love it so much and really can't change it. So many people know me as lunaleaf anyways Big Grin When they hear my voice/see my face they'll know ^^

I have been hit on before which is always awkward. But I usually just change my name to Orpheus until they leave.

Passionate gamer actively seeking new and lucrative ways to acquire street cred.
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 09:38 AM by MythrilArmyr.)
A lot of people ask me if my name is from Terraria or RPGCraft (that's what it's called, riggghhhtttt?) but it's not. I had the name before I knew of either. This name kind of came out of nowhere. It's less that I made the title, and more that the name made itself. Still, I can't imagine being called anything else - even my avatar is a logo based off of it. (This is beginning to sound like a horror movie.) Still, if anyone wants to call me Myth or something, that's cool too.

Also, I invented the emoticon butterfly : }}i{{

I pronounce it "Myth-rill-Arm-er" , if anyone was wondering.

"And I'll save you, when the sky falls.
Can you hear the siren call?" }}i{{
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Well I first got my name from my rogue on World of Warcraft because I loved to backstab. After a while it took over my old nickname Olilecool5 and comes from my name: Oliver and cool so it kind of sucked......

04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Tarvali... Well long story short I started out on the interwebs as Ramar (a made up name) and then that switched to Colosseum as I liked the sound of it. As I got tired of Colosseum after 2 years I became Tarvali. Basically it is elvish. I can't remember what and I sort of changed a few letters to fit my purpose but yeah. I've been Tarvali for many many years now and I plan to keep it. I have fallen in love with Tarv. And for those who are curious, I pronounce it Tar-Valley. I honestly don't care if it is correct or not but that is how I say it in my head all the time.
04-23-2013, 09:31 AM
(04-23-2013 09:18 AM)bloodyback Wrote:  Well I first got my name from my rogue on World of Warcraft because I loved to backstab. After a while it took over my old nickname Olilecool5 and comes from my name: Oliver and cool so it kind of sucked......

Midokite on WoW is a rogue!! Big Grin

04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Ryan is a very common name which I share with many people I know. To eliminate confusion, my friends started calling me R Squared, since my initials are RR.