Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plug.DJ Is back!..Sort of...
02-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Plug.DJ Is back!..Sort of...
Greetings o/. [insert "omigod you havent made a thread in 11 months" comment here]

Most you know the amazing community site Plug.dj. Sadly, about 5 months ago they had to shut down sinice they didn't have enough money to keep it going. it was pretty sad and dramatic to be there in the dying minutes of the site. Later many replicas of the site popped up, so the entire Plug.dj community was spread out among different sites. I liked to call this, Attack of the Clones. Movie puns aside, In December they made an announcement on Facebook teasing the site's return, but with no follow up. 3 weeks ago however, they made a Facebook statement saying they were in the home stretch of bringing the site back. and it appears they were right, because it's back!! Now before you head over to plain ol plug.dj in your browser, it will not work. you have to use stg.plug.dj to use it. The site is just as it was an hour before shutdown, meaning your playlists, accounts, and levels are all still there. The site isn't fully functional however. For example, it is impossible to log in via Facebook at the moment, and remember how you had to pay to switch play lists so they could make more money on the last day? Well that's still there for now. however these missing fea tires should be fixed soon since this appears to only be a beta site. Hope you guys enjoy the site again, I know I sure will.

http://stg.plug.dj

[Image: RwlgxUV.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: Plug.DJ Is back!..Sort of...
Thanks Shiny, I've been told about this Tongue
I was actually wondering why it still said © 2015... Maybe it's The Day Plug.DJ Stood Still?

...ill quit one day dw

OMG ITS TEH LOOMINARTAY (seizure warning) (Click to View)
03-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Pay to change playlists? sounds like a money grab still to me. Be wary.

[Image: npeapz4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2016, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 06:32 AM by ShinyFish.)
(03-01-2016 06:57 AM)Geolu_Henge Wrote:  Pay to change playlists? sounds like a money grab still to me. Be wary.

that was when plug was shutting down. They were doing everything they could for money, and since that's the state the site was in when it shut down, that's the reason it's there now. It'll probably be ba k to normal when it goes out fully.

Edit: turns out you can put in your PayPal account and it doesn't charge you for subscribing. same can be done if u put in an invalid credit card number.

03-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Omigod you haven't made a.....
well nevermind...me neither.

I did not really like any of the clones, so am kinda glad plug is back.
Now see how it will progress..
03-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Everything that transpired makes me wary, even from a business perspective. I don't trust it, so I'm staying away from it. As Geo mentioned before, be cautious and think with a clear head when things like this happen on the internet.

[Image: sMsBNs4.png]

~Mess with the best, get banned like the rest~
Mod the planet!
03-05-2016, 06:28 AM
(03-04-2016 01:43 PM)AionaChan Wrote:  Everything that transpired makes me wary, even from a business perspective. I don't trust it, so I'm staying away from it. As Geo mentioned before, be cautious and think with a clear head when things like this happen on the internet.

What's suspicious about it? It's the same site, just like when it shut down. Plug even made a Facebook statement saying they're "on the home stretch." Some people have concerns, but I'm certain that this is real. Even if this wasn't plug, what difference does it make? If it was a phishing scam, they would already have had our playlists, account ids, usernames, passwords, etc, u since it's people are able to sign in.